Monday, July 13, 2020

Chapter One: A New Hope

Hello and welcome to my second (and hopefully successful) attempt at the Tsarina Legacy.
As you may know, I had to switch computers and the original Tsarinas were not able to migrate. Rather than let the legacy die, Catherine called up her cousin, Sophia Tsarina, and let her know that it was up to her to keep the Tsarina name alive.
Sophia is a Fortune/Pleasure Sim with the LTW to Become the Hand of Poseidon. She’s a very middle of the road Cancer, 5/5/5/5/5. It’ll be interesting to see what random personality extremes her kids will develop.


Sophia: “So you’re the ‘Captain’ that Cate stuck me with?”
Well, yes, but I’d prefer if you didn’t think of it as being stuck with me. Think of it more as having someone who will always be there—
Sophia: “Watching over my shoulder and making inane comments.”
Now that’s just mean. I already know that my comments are inane. You don’t need to point it out.
Sophia: “Oh fine. I guess I can try to be civil with you. Since I am stuck with you and all.”
You’ll learn to love me. Hey, who is that back there? It’s too early for the Welcome Wagon.
Sophia: “Hmm? Oh! Cristian!”

Sophia: “Thank you for coming, Cris. I don’t know if I could handle this whole Legacy thing without you.”
Cristian: “Oh, yeah, of course. So…a Legacy. That means marriage, right? I—I can definitely help with that.”
Sophia: “Good. I don’t think I could marry anyone that my best friend didn’t approve of.”
Cristian: “Oh. Right. Of course. I’m sure that you’ll find someone great…”
Hey, sorry to interrupt guys, but there’s a Welcome Wagon here and Sophia needs to get to making friends.
Sophia: “You’re already making this whole being civil thing difficult.”

Malcolm Landgraab IV: “Come on, baby, you know that I’m the best to start legacies with. Just look at this beautiful mug and tell me that you aren’t dying to kiss me.”
Sophia: “Your mug definitely makes me feel like dying, but it sure as shit isn’t out of lust.”
Malcolm: “Whatever you say, baby. I know how you gals like to play hard to get. I don’t mind. Just don’t keep me waiting too long or I might find some other hot piece to occupy my time…and bed.”
Sophia: “Oh god, I think I might barf.”
I think I might, too.
This Welcome Wagon was a total bust. Malcolm was a jerk the whole time, and the Jacquets just played catch with each other for a while and then wandered off.

On the bright side, Sophia was able to find a job in Oceanography right off the bat. Look at how happy my little Fish Chummer is.
Sophia: “It may be gross, and I might be freezing half to death in a wetsuit and no shoes, but it will lead to bigger and better things. Also, don’t refer to me as being yours.”
Okay, that’s fair, I won’t. And please don’t lose your feet to frostbite.

After work, Sophia went lot hopping to find a potential spouse.
While she was able to take a lot of money from creeper Landgraab, she didn’t have much luck at the Lucky Shack.

The Sculpture Park got a bit frightening and Sophia took off before a horror movie soundtrack started playing.

Some fun was had at Simbowl Lanes, though.
Turns out that Sophia loves bowling. Not sure if that finger placement is doing her much good, but oh well.

Hey! What the hell is this??
Sophia: “Two bolts, Captain. And I have a Want to marry a rich Sim.”
No. No, no, no. You cannot marry Mr. Big in the first generation. It is cheating.
Sophia: “I don’t see how I’m expected to start a Legacy if you disapprove of everyone I’m interested in.”
One! I have disapproved of one, single Sim. That is not enough of a sample size to build a reasonable hypothesis.
Sophia: “Pfft…fine. Sorry, Biggie, but our love is forbidden.”
Mr. Big: “That’s alright. Sounds like you were talking to a narrator there. As long as I’m not being treated as an idiot or a villain, I’ll respect their wishes. I’m not being treated as an idiot or a villain, right?”
Sophia: “No. Cap just thinks you’re off limits for a Founder.”
Mr. Big: “Good. I can live with that. It’s a relief to show up in at least one Legacy where I’m not the bad guy.”
Hmm…I may have to do something nice for Mr. Big somewhere down the line.

Count: “Hey, I know we just met, but do you think I could drink some of your blood? I’ve got cottonmouth something awful.”
Sophia: “Uh, no. I’m not really comfortable with that…”
Count: “Damn. Maybe that Crumplebottom lass will let me bite her. She likes to act all prudish, but—”
No! Sophia, you’re going home before Count Thirsty Boy here corrupts the neighborhood.
Sophia: “Fine. I’m losing anyway.”

Cristian: “I think I might have a solution to the issues you’ve had finding a suitable spouse.”
Sophia: “Thank god. I know I’m a Pleasure secondary, but I’m getting sick of going from one lot to another and introducing myself to everyone I see in hopes of decent chemistry.”
Cristian: “Yeah, I figured. So I thought, maybe, you could, you know, marry me.”
Sophia: “What?”
Cristian: “Yeah. Marry me.”

Sophia: laughing “God, Cristian, I actually thought you were serious there for a minute.”
Cristian: “What?”
Sophia: “I forgot how deadpan you can be when you’re joking.”
Cristian: “Oh yeah….of course I was joking. Can’t believe you almost fell for it.”
Sophia: snort “We’re practically siblings. That would be some weird kind of emotional incest.”
Cristian: “Yeah. Definitely.”

Sophia: “Captain, I am sick of this!”
Sick of what? That caviar burger? Can’t say I blame you. Maybe invest some time in studying cooking and you could eat something else for dinner.
Sophia: “What? No. I freakin love caviar burgers. I’m sick of not being able to find a spouse. I’m supposed to be starting a Legacy and the only decent match I’ve found got vetoed. And all of this lot hopping is seriously taking away time from building skills I need to get promoted. I hate to do it, but I’m going to have to take drastic measures.”

Matchmaker: “Hello there, Miss Tsarina. In need of my services, are you?”
Sophia: “Yeah. But first, how are you not freezing in that outfit?”
Matchmaker: “Don’t worry about me, dearie. Us Supernaturals are rarely inconvenienced by things such as weather.”
Sophia: “Well, alright. I’ll have to take your word on that.”

Cristian: [What?! She called the Matchmaker?! First, she laughs when I propose and then she has the audacity to call the Matchmaker! I can’t believe that she would do this to me! How can my dearest Sophia be so heartless? I swear that I’ll get her for this.]

Matchmaker: “True love can be a very pricy thing, dearie. How much are you willing to pay?”
Sophia: “I’m going in on this as far as I can. I have §5,000 for you.”
Matchmaker: “That should help to make a good match. But first, I must give you a bit of a disclaimer. Awkward bit out of the way—achieving a date does not mean that you are guaranteed woohoo. I can’t believe that I must keep telling people that, but there you go. Moving on, the tides of love are tricky even to those of us with the Ancient Sight. And those tides are particularly difficult when Legacies are involved. No amount of money can guarantee that the one pulled from those tides will be the one that you are searching for. Now you’ve heard the disclaimer, and I don’t want to hear any complaints if you don’t like your date. Got it? Good. Let’s get this show on the road.”

And we got Kennedy Cox. Well, I haven’t really got anything against Kennedy, and I do like taking risks with genetics, so let’s see how things go.
Kennedy: “I’m sorry, Sophia, but I don’t really feel any spark between us. I’m sorry you spent so much on the Matchmaker, but I just don’t see us being more than friends.”
Sophia: “Yeah, the sunk cost stings a bit, but I don’t feel anything, either. I’m fine with being friends.”
Kennedy: “Cool. Well, I was in the middle of making dinner when I suddenly got dropped on your porch, so I should probably get back before my house burns down. Bye.”
Sophia: “Bye.”

I guess it’s back to lot hopping to find someone. Lord knows that Sophia has nowhere near enough money left for another try with the Matchmaker.
But at least Sophia looks happy.
Sophia: “Of course I’m happy. Weren’t you paying attention to who I just met?”
What? No. Who did you meet?
Sophia: “If you weren’t paying attention, then I’m not going to tell you. You’ll have to wait until I have a date with him and find out then.”
Fine, but your date has to be tomorrow. I am impatient and refuse to wait longer than that.
Sophia: “No worries. I’m impatient to see him again, too.”

Holy cow it’s Joe!
I freakin LOVE Joe Carr. He’s one of my all-time favorites.
I have no idea how I missed Sophia meeting him, but she was rolling Wants for him almost exclusively and he was more than happy to come over for a date. I am over the damned moon about this.

Sophia: “You’re a great dancer, Joe.”
Joe: “Only if I have the right partner. And I most certainly do.”
Cristian: [Maybe I should kill him. Or maybe both of them. That would be good. They’ve ripped out my heart, so why shouldn’t I do the same to them. No…that’s too easy. It would let them off too lightly. I should probably go home while I can still control myself.]

Just look at that smile. Joe makes Sophia so happy. I love it. I love it, I love it, I love it.
Sophia: “I’m guess that means you’re not going to tell me Joe’s off limits?”
I absolutely am not. Joe is amazing and I fully encourage this relationship.
Sophia: “Good, because I would have ignored you if you had tried.”

Sophia: “I know we haven’t known each other very long, but red hearts don’t lie. I love you, Joe.”
Joe: “Oh, Sophia, I love you, too.”

Sophia: “I don’t want to waste a single moment of my life not having you in it. Will you marry me?”
Joe: “Yes, of course!”

Sophia: “Move in right now. We’ll have the wedding in the morning.”
Joe: “Why wait for the morning? We can get married right now.”
Sophia: “I can’t get married without Cristian there. We grew up together. It wouldn’t feel right.”
Joe: “I’ll wait for morning than.”
Sophia: “Thank you. And don’t worry, I know how to keep the wait from seeming too long.”

Let’s give them some privacy and skip straight to morning, shall we?

Sophia and Joe indeed got married the next morning (on very little sleep) with Cristian in attendance, as well as a walk-by who decided to join in. I think it might be Lindsay Louie, but I really don’t know.
Sophia: “Joe Carr, I take you as my husband. I promise to make you as rich and happy as I possibly can.”
Joe: “Sophia Tsarina, I take you as my wife. I promise to make you rich, happy, and successful as a Legacy Founder.”
Sophia: “Just had to one up me in your vows, huh?”
Joe: “Yeah. Sorry.”

And so Joe Carr became Joe Tsarina, ready to help head a Legacy to span 26 generations of descendants.

Joe: “As beautiful as this dress is on you, I’m pretty sure that it will look even better on the bedroom floor.”
Sophia: “As long as it means I can go inside. Outdoor weddings, this dress, and Siberia do not mix.”
Joe: “Then let’s get you under some covers immediately.”

Joe Carr Tsarina is a Fortune/Family Sim with the LTW to earn 100,000. To help facilitate this, he quit his job as a Convenience Store Clerk and switched over to Business.
He is a stock Scorpio, 6/5/8/3/3. I will not be surprised if I end up with piss mean kids because of him, but that's alright. I always end up with plenty of mean Sims, so I've developed a bit of an affinity for them.

Cristian: "I can't believe you would do this to me!"
Sophia: "What? What did I do?"
Cristian: "I always thought you were better than this, but you're just like the rest. You don't care who you hurt. No one really matters to you, not even me."
Sophia: "Cris, please, tell me what's going on. What did I do? I'll make it right, just please tell me!"

Cristian: "Real cute pretending you don't know!"
Sophia: "I'm not pretending! Cris, please!"
Cristian: "Now you're just being cruel. You're not just heartless, you're sadistic. I can't even look at you right now. It's lucky that I have to get to work. Otherwise I might do something I'd really regret."

Kennedy: "Man, that sounds pretty harsh. I can't believe he got himself so worked up."
Sophia: "I've never seen him like this before. Have you noticed anything, I don't know, off, about Cris? Did he act weird or angry around you when the Matchmaker dropped you here or anything?"
Joe: "Wait, did you guys used to date?"
Kennedy: "It was only one date. Barely even one date. The Matchmaker dropped me on her porch, we agreed we weren't interested, and I went home."
Joe: "That makes more sense. I've seen the girls you run around with, and they have very little in common with Sophia."
Sophia: "Excuse me? What does that mean?"
Kennedy: "It means that I have bad taste in girls, and Joe knows it. You should take his statement as a compliment of the highest order."
Sophia: "I'm going to take your word on that, for my ego's sake at least. But, still, even though you weren't here that long, did you notice anything?"

Kennedy: "Well...he didn't say anything, and I might have been imagining it, but he seemed pretty mad. The way he looked at me was actually a bit frightening."
Sophia: "Really? But he didn't say anything? Has he said anything to you since? Anything to tell you why he might be so mad?"
Kennedy: "I think the reason might be pretty obvious."
Joe: "I was thinking the same thing."
Sophia: "Do you two know something? Please tell me."
Kennedy: "Come on, Sophia. You have to know that the guy's in love with you."
Sophia: "No way. He can't be in love with me. I'm practically his sister. It's not possible."
Kennedy: sigh "If you say so. You know him better than I do. Thanks for having me over, but I've got to go."
Joe: "Hot date?"
Kennedy: "Feeling more lukewarm about it, but we'll see how it goes."

Sophia: "Do you really think Cris is in love with me?"
Joe: "I do. But don't worry about it too much. He'll move on and everything will be okay."
Sophia: "I hope so. Maybe I should try to put a bit of distance between us for a bit. Not seeing me all the time might help him move on faster."
Joe: "I think that would be for the best. Give him some time away to get over his feelings, and I'm sure you two will be able to be friends again."
Sophia: "Just like old times?"
Joe: "Just like old times."

Joe: "Now, let's get your mind on something else."
I swear, these two are like rabbits.

You okay there? That's your fourth bowl in a row.
Sophia: "I can't seem to get full. As soon as I eat something, I feel like I'm starving again."
Ah. I know what that means.
Sophia: "You do? Then could you please tell me? I don't know if I can--oh...oh god..."

Sophia: blarg "Ugh, I'm pregnant, aren't I?"
Well, with the way you and Joe act, I'm just surprised that it didn't happen sooner.
Sophia: gag "At least this means" blech "that the legacy will continue."
So long as you have at least one girl.

Why are you acting all shocked? You already knew that there's a bun in that oven.
Sophia: "I'm not shocked. Getting a bump just feels weird as hell."
Ah. Alright then.

Sanjay: "So that's why you put the boombox in the kitchen."
Joe: "Yep. Keeps Sophia awake so that she can eat and not drown in spaghetti."
Sanjay: "Do you have to blast metal, though?"
Sophia: "Ratt's good for the baby."
Sanjay: "Ratt isn't good for anybody."
Joe & Sophia: "Heresy"
And Sanjay calls himself a musician. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Cristian: "What do you want?"
Sophia: "Well, I know that things haven't been good between us lately, and you've been so stressed with work and everything, and, you know, I'm pregnant and it's been a bit hard on me, and, well, um..."
Cristian: "Well what?"
Sophia: "I think...um...it might be best if we, well, if we...spentlesstimetogether."
Cristian: "If we WHAT?!"
Sophia: "...spent less time together."

Cristian: "WHAT do you mean spend less time together?!"
Sophia: "I--I just think it would be best for all of us if we didn't hang out for a while. Give you time to...cool off and...we can still be friends. Just a time out. That's all I'm saying."
Cristian: "So you're sending me away. You don't want me around anymore so that you don't have to face what you've done!"
Sophia: "No, that's not true. I still want you around. I just think that the way things are right now, we might not be able to be friends again if it keeps going. So just take some time off and then we can be friends again when things are better."
Cristian: "Fine! If you don't want me around, I'll leave. Call me when you decide to be the Sophia that I grew up with and not this...thing...you've become."

Hey, don't cry. Everything will be okay.
Sophia: "I just had to send my best friend away. What if we can't ever be friends again?"
I'm sure Joe was right. Cristian just needs some time to cool down and move on. It'll be alright.
Sophia: "Do you promise?"
I can't make promises. I only have so much control over what happens. To put it simply, a lot of things are outside of my jurisdiction.
Sophia: "Oh..."
I'm sorry.

Joe: "I know it's hard. But everything will be alright."
Sophia: "But what if Cris never comes back?"
Joe: "Then we'll handle it together. You've still got me. The Captain seems to actually care about us--"
Aw thanks, Joe.
Joe: "Even if she is rude and interrupts people."
Hmph.
Joe: "And we'll have the baby soon. You're surrounded by people who love you. It will be okay."
Sophia: "You're right. I hope we can be friends again. But I'll manage to be okay even if we can't. I love you."
Joe: "I love you, too."

Sophia: "Ow ow ow oooowwww!"
Just breathe. You'll be okay.
Sophia: "GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

And it's brown-haired, green-eyed little girl! The first Tsarina heiress has been born!
So, what's her name?
Sophia: "I'm naming her Anastasiya. Anastasiya Tsarina."
That's a beautiful name.
Anastasiya is pronounced "ah-nah-stah-SEE-yah" and I'll be calling her "Siya" for short.

She might be Fortune/Pleasure, but Sophia dotes on Siya like a Family Sim.
It's pretty adorable.

Joe: "Hey there, little girl. You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I'm going to make sure that you're happy and safe your whole life."

Cristian: "I'm going to make sure that they pay for this. No matter what I have to do, I will ruin any happiness the Tsarinas could have. I swear it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter Five: The Promise

Welcome back to the Tsarina Legacy! In the previous chapter, all of the kids became teenagers, and showed off how well Sophia and Joe'...